tearsofcrimson

Tears of Crimson

Some Fairy Tales Should Never Be Outgrown

Moonlight on the Nantahala

Moonlight on the Nantahala - Micheal Rivers This book deserves more than five stars, because it touched my soul in ways that I can barely describe, and I'm an author. I still don't know how to classify this beautiful novel, but however you label it, it's the best book I've read so far this year. The story could almost be a memoir of Edward Caulfield's life and the devotion that he had to his deceased wife, Celia. It's so much more than that though. He shares his memories with a young lady he has watched on his property for three years and you discover more about the woman, Lena, and her haunted past.

There are traces of the spirit world in this book but they are weaved into the story in such a beautiful way as to not overshadow the remembered love of Edward's wife. I want to say it's a romance, paranormal, and so many other things all included in one beautiful story that left me with tears in my eyes even as joy filled my heart. It really was that good of a read.

This is the type of book that I can see being read today by young readers and enjoyed for generations to come because it's just timeless. River's did a wonderful job and I was completely blown away.